Project - Promotion of Farmer Producer Companies
PROMOTION OF FARMER PRODUCER COMPANIES
LEDS is engaged in establishing and handholding Farmer Producer Companies in its own capacity as also in partnership with Small Farmer Agri Business Consortium (SFAC). Currently LEDS is involved in supporting seven producer companies across Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The main activities involved are capacity building of the project team on the institution, conducting value chain studies of the crops, planning the interventions to improve the returns to the farmers in the project, developing business plan, conducting market studies to establish the linkage for the producer companies, support the team in registering the producer companies, etc.
• Achieving economies of scal
• Increasing bargaining power for the famers
• Introduction of new technologies and sharing of its costs
• Adding value to agricultural products
• Gaining access to new markets
• Reducing risks associated with new enterprises
• Obtaining new services
• Purchasing in bulk to achieve lower prices
• Providing credit under reasonable terms.